You do not need to be an experienced writer with a string of publications in your name to publish an eBook and make money from it. In the traditional setup, a writer had to approach a publishing house or else find an agent to act on their behalf. With the advances in internet technology, now everyone can publish a digital book, provided they are ready to manage all the stages of publishing process by themselves. These stages range from editing to designing and marketing.
How to write an eBook
Writing an eBook is quick, easy and cheap to produce making the whole project more profitable. The considerations that you must take to write an eBook successfully are merely the same. Below are the core issues you need to look at;
Make a choice on a subject that you are passionate or very knowledgeable about. This will increase the chances of making the book informative and profitable. Take into deep considerations of your target market before you begin writing. Take time to survey your core audience to ensure that your book meets their needs.
There are no any set hard rules when it comes to the length of an eBook. Any present word limit should not strictly constrain you. Never try to add fluff and filler in your book to get it to a certain length. The book should just be packed with unique and creative ideas.
The eBook market is quite competitive so your title should be equally creative. The book title may be a big determination to its sale and profitability. The title should stand out from the rest. An eye-catching title can draw a few more people to take a closer look.
- Unique Content
Packing your digital creative work with unique content is key to the overall success of the book. Your knowledge and passion about what you are writing for will help you provide critical insights to the reader on what the book has to offer. This is where research comes in.
- Format and Editing
You need to save your work in a PDF format. Ensure that the PDF links do not get lost. Format the book in a standard 8.5″ by 11″ for convince. Next step involves the formatting. If the book is doomed with grammatical errors, it will be doomed to failure. You can utilize professional editing services to get the best of this stage.
- Cover Design
After the eBook is complete, you need to produce an attractive cover design. The truth is that many readers DO judge a book by its cover. If the cover is less professional, your unique content may never be seen. Many sites allow users to create eBook covers for free. Be sure to check on them.
Making Money from Your eBook
There are many websites to start you out in your career as a published eBook author. These sites allow you to advertise and sell your book online after sign up and include the following;
- BanesAndNoble [http://www.barnesandnoble.com/] – Barnes and Noble is known as the world’s largest book seller. They have launched a publishing platform for eBook writers. Once title is accepted, you are assured of a fast publishing process within 24 to 72 hours.
- PayLoadz [https://www.payloadz.com/]- PayLoadz is an online site that provides support to book authors in the form of advertising, marketing, and selling and book distribution. The site offers an easy to use selling platform that delivers these books to customers after receiving payments.
- Amazon [http://services.amazon.com/] – Amazon provides an excellent opportunity for writers to publish and their creative writing content. Many different affiliate companies will market the book for a commission.
- Clickbank [http://www.clickbank.com/] This site offers step by step approach to selling digital books. There is a one-time activation fee that you pay and after that, you are good to go.
- eBay [http://www.ebay.com/] – eBay is a hugely popular online marketplace that makes it easy to sell digital books where authors can add these books to their existing stores.