Freelancing is one of the fastest emerging ways to make money. It is a much comfortable job as there is no strict routine to follow, you can work at the convenience of your schedule at home, and there is no boss over you. The growth of freelancing is a clear indicator of a transition to work online.
Who is a freelancer?
A freelancer is a person who is self-employed and mostly works in the field of writing and editing, web design, photography, graphic arts or computer programming. In any of these named professions, freelancers sell or contract their work to a client rather than being employed by a business. Freelancers may work part-time or full-time and are permitted to perform tasks in their way, as long as the task gets done in agreement with the client’s specification.
Top Paying Freelancing Jobs and Skills
Your skills will determine the freelancing job you will venture into. Below are the highest paying freelancing careers and most demanded skills for you to choose from.
- Marketing strategy and PR
You can be a marketing coordinator, a project manager or a public relations officer. This is a high in demand skill that requires creating customer experience for brands and enhancing customer relationships.
- Web development
This job deals with creating online tools and testing software for websites. You integrate applications with available site tools and provide technical support to improve and manage sites and servers.
Some freelance writers manage to pull more than six figures every year. You do not need any special equipment to get started. You only need to have good command for languages, good research skills and creativity.
As an accounting freelance, you provide billing and inventory management, reconcile bank statements and accounts and assist in financial reporting. You also need to be good at bookkeeping tasks.
- Graphic designer
Graphic freelancers design applications, websites, games and campaigns. They create marketing ideas and customer experience strategies. They edit photographs and create graphics and logos to complement the select content.
If you are fluent in a second international language, then there is a lot of work for you. You will earn depending on what languages you can translate and the demand beforehand.
- Teaching and tutoring
Freelance teachers facilitate online classes to students of different grades. They write engaging lessons, lectures, create assignments and other exciting activities.
Top Freelancing Platforms to work from
There are hundreds online sites that offer to connect clients with a freelancer and to rank them may be a tall task. These sites often have many freelancers who bid on particular projects that clients post. Other platforms allow freelancers to submit a resume and samples of previous work. Here, we look at the top platforms to get started in the field of freelancing.
- Upwork [https://www.upwork.com/] – Upwork has more than 2 million global clients and offers something for every freelance category.
- Freelancer [https://www.freelancer.com/] – Freelancer offers millions of projects and allows you to compete with other freelancers in a contest to prove your skills.
- Demand Media – [demandmedia.com] – It is a platform for creative types including writers, producers, filmmakers, photographers and others.
- Smashing Jobs [http://jobs.smashingmagazine.com/] – It is a lovely site to find work on programming, designing and writing.
- iWriter [http://www.iwriter.com/] – It is a freelancing site for articles and web content writers.
- People per Hour [www.peopleperhour.com] – the site has millions of clients and offers a marketplace for freelancers to get hired by clients in various categories.